Our charity group (including Rotakids) are committed to supporting a range of charities, including Christian, local, national and beyond.
Children are encouraged to make a difference and come up with ideas. They then plan and prepare wide ranging events such as a community baking & cake sale.
"The school's charity work locally, nationally and internationally and its involvement with the local communty is a key strength. Pupils talk enthusiastically about their charity work, including Rotakids, and how this is giving them opportunities to help those in need." (SIAMS inspection June 2016)
Autumn Term 2019 Projects
- Dougie Mac = £250 raised (Funky fashion Friday)
- WWF = £455 raised (A fabulous sales day)
- Children in Need = £128.40 (Pudsey day)
- Save the Children (Christmas jumpers) = £290
- St. Margaret's Churchyard
- Christian Aid
- Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
Type Onesie Day
One of our pupils (Seb) has Type 1 Diabetes and he leads our work in raising awareness and funding. In November 2017, The Stoke Sentinel wrote an article, interviewing staff and pupils.